Being a Mompreneur is wonderful. It's tough. It's great. It's trying.
This is because we are not a full-time 8-5 employee, yet we are not full-time stay-at-home mom either. We blend both worlds into some kind of controlled chaos. This is a picture of me working on a contract while in the airport getting ready to leave for a trip, while also, you guessed it, feeding babies and refereeing toddlers! Just another day in paradise.
Here are the reasons why I love what I do:
1) I feel that I get to give 100% in all areas. My kids, husband, home and career all get my time and I can accomplish this while giving time and care in all areas. This does not mean each gets 100% daily. Some days, my kids get 90% of my energy, other days, I am working on my business and it takes up most of my day. But, you know what? That's okay. Even on these days where the scale tips heavily to one side, I know the other side is taken care of because I have invested my time wisely during other days.
2) I make my own schedule. My schedule does not control me. I work when I want to, vacation when I want to and plan my schedule around my life.
3) I can keep up with my home and do the things I love because of my lifestyle. My hard work allows me to achieve, set goals and reach summits. This gives me the freedom to make smart financial choices, investments and try new things!
While all these things are grand and I honestly would not change my life for the world, there are definitely days that are hard and it's not for everyone. Here are the reasons why it's challenging:
1) I'm needed in all areas. Without a babysitter close by and my husband working full-time, I am my kids' everything. Caretaker, scheduler, chauffer, teacher, coach, you name it. I know many moms can relate to this!
2) I am often working with a baby in my lap. Some days, well a lot of days, are spent sending e-mails, writing contracts and doing paperwork with a baby on my lap, a child talking in my ear while getting sippy cups and emptying the dishwasher, all at once. I kid you not. If you want to be a Mompreneur, you better be a multi-tasker.
3) Sometimes I just want to work. Sometimes I have so much I need to do but my family comes first. Always. My kids are able to help me sometimes and it's great for them to see what Momma does. But, I cannot just hop up and get in the grind! My husband just told me yesterday (after being on a trip with our three kids for over a week) that being home with the kids all day is WAY harder than going into the office! Ha!
With all this being said, is there anything better than being a Mompreneur? We get to run our businesses while raising our babies and it brings so much joy on both sides! I am super thankful for my career in real estate! It has helped me achieve great heights, help so many people find new homes (over 200 in 5 years) and allowed me to fulfill God's calling on my life! I'll be sharing some of my favorite books that have helped me in my journey. I hope they help you too!
My advice for all mompreneurs would be: DO YOUR BEST, WORK HARD and HAVE FAITH.